Top 5 Drugstore Lipsticks

7:23 PM

If there's anything I love in the makeup aisle, it's lip products. Whether it's liquid lipsticks, stains, glosses, or even the standard bullet lipstick: I love them all.
Here's a list of my five favorite lipsticks. Click the bold heading to purchase.
(p.s. the photos look low-quality but when they click on them they're great?? I'm confused)


#5 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Darling" **SHADE DISCONTINUED**




I have had this product forever... I need to get a new one. I'm disgusting. I use this as a multi-purpose stick. Works beautifully as a blush! This is definitely a 'ride-or-die' product for me.

Basic Information:
-$8
-sheer
-build-able color
-soft lilac

Pros:
-lightweight
-throughout the day it fades into a beautiful pink
-versatile product, can be a light shine on the lips or bold shade
-glossy look, but not sticky
-feels like a chapstick

Cons:
-minty smell
-this shade has been discontinued 


#4 NYX Liquid Suede in "Soft Spoken"

photo credit: Ulta.com



If I want a more prominent lip, I go for this one. Beautiful application and wear.

Basic Information:
-$7
-Mauve nude
-suede liquid lipstick

Pros:
-pigmented
-glides on without patchiness
-velvet texture
-lasts a little longer than a traditional lipstick
-lightweight feel
-cruelty free

Cons:
-can be difficult to apply for new makeup-wearers
-hard to fix mistakes


#3: ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in "Midi"

photo credit: colourpop.com



This was my 'go-to' lipstick for what seemed like months...  😢 It's the only light lip-color I'll wear!

Basic Information:
-$6
-pale, dusty pink
-matte liquid lipstick


Pros:
-pigmented
-beautiful look (if your lips are exfoliated & moisturized prior to application)
-easy to apply
-dries quickly (2-3 minutes)
-transfer-proof!

Cons:
-hard to fix mistakes
-drying
-looks hideous after long-wear, hard to reapply product over
-lasts about 4-5 hours, eating will shorten wear-time

#2: Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick in "Matte Orchid "

photo credit: Milani


I am absolutely in love with this pink color. It's gorgeous on the lips. I love to wear this lipstick with my floral scarf for spring-time.

Basic Information:
-$6
-fuschia

Pros:
-easy application, smooth
-pigmented
-non-drying
-vegan
-beautiful packaging
-fades away to a softer pink stain

No Cons!

#1: Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick in "Matte Beauty"

photo credit: Milani


Milani's lipsticks take second and first place! It's that good. When in doubt, I pick this one.

Basic Information:
-$6
-warm, rose-brown

Pros:
-easy application, smooth
-pigmented
-$6 
-non-drying
-pairs well with many eye looks
-vegan
-beautiful packaging

Cons:
-Since it is a regular lipstick, it doesn't last all day. You will have to reapply throughout the day. But, it is super easy to touch up.
-although it is titled 'matte,' do not expect the finish to be similar to a ColourPop lipstick. I'd say it's 75% matte. 


Honorable mentions...

Wet 'n Wild 'How Fleek is Your Love'.... sorry for mustache action
  • ColourPop Ultra Satin in Too Lips. The formula is beautiful. A little scary to apply, but it looks good.
  • L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color... I remember when these first came out and didn't receive too many good reviews. In my opinion, these last forever and look beautiful with the chap-stick like topcoat. Very pigmented as well. 
  • Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Matte Liquid Lipstick in 'How Fleek is Your Love'. These are new releases. Do not think you can buy them online yet. Not a full opinion on them yet, but so far I like it better than ColourPop's.
Hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment if you'd like a full review on the Wet 'n Wild matte lipsticks. :-)
-H


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Questions? Comments?